Apple announced a few hours ago that users in the U.S. can now take advantage of the redesigned Maps app. Among the features, faster and more precise navigation is highlighted, as well as more complete views of the streets, buildings, parks, airports, shopping centers.
The new map is available in the United States and will be extended to Europe in the coming months.
Apple Maps have more detail and new navigation approaches
The news had already been anticipated at WWDC in 2019 and should have arrived with iOS 13. However, this service was delayed probably to be able to offer a larger area already in the new model. The idea, it seems, was to cover as much of the United States as possible.
Explore what’s new in big cities with Look around you
Look around you on Maps offers an interactive street-level view with high-resolution 3D photos of some of the most beautiful cities in the world. Thus, Apple users will be able to navigate the streets smoothly and quickly.
From all corners of the planet, people can explore New York, the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Houston and soon many other places.
Share the places you like with Collections
The useful Collections feature will allow users to easily create and share lists that bring together their favorite restaurants, places they want to visit or points of interest not to be missed on their next vacation.
Favorites to find out how to get to frequently visited places
Thanks to bookmarks, users can quickly get directions to where they go every day. Home, office, gym, school, etc. This way, after you have added your destination to your Favorites on the home screen, just one touch is all it takes to get the route.
Much more details make navigation easier
Maps also include the following features:
- Real-time transport information that offers detailed departure and arrival times. As well as the connections and the current location of a bus or train on the road, making it easier to plan your trips. Maps also provide important information, such as any service interruption, in real time.
- Sharing your arrival allows you to send your estimated time of arrival to family, friends or colleagues with a single touch. That way, the recipient can follow the trip on the map, and the time is automatically updated if there is a significant delay.
- Flight Status uses Siri’s intelligence on the device to search for information in the mail, calendar or wallet and provide timely information about terminals, gates and departure times, as well as any flight changes or cancellations for scheduled trips.
- Indoor maps of airports and shopping centers provide users with useful information when traveling or shopping. In this sense, just open the Maps app to see which floor they are on, where the toilets are located and even which stores and restaurants are open.
- Siri’s natural language navigation provides clearer and easier to follow instructions, for example, “At the next traffic light, turn left. Siri’s natural language navigation is available throughout the United States.
- Flyover allows you to fly over important urban areas with an immersive and ultra-realistic 3D view. Users can move their device to look in all directions, change angles and rotate to explore an entire city and its points of interest in high resolution. Flyover is available in more than 350 cities.
Therefore, this is yet another update of Apple Maps to have a tool at hand to constantly use for many of our daily actions.