Facing the anthology of one of the most popular antagonists in the DC Comics universe, Warner Bros has made a film dedicated to the history and birth of the Joker. Directed by Todd Phillips, the film has already won the Golden Lion for Best Film at the 76th Venice International Film Festival.
In the Gotham City of 1981Arthur Fleckis an aspiring comedian whose scarce success forces him to work by day as a clown.Alienated and marginalized by society, in an attempt to rebel against his existence he ends up giving way to a series of events that will turn him into one of the worst criminal minds that Gothams history has ever seen.
- Joaquin Phoenix: Arthur Fleck / Joker
- Robert De Niro: Murray Franklin
- Zazie Beetz: Sophie Dumond
- Frances Conroy: Penny Fleck
- Brett Cullen: Thomas Wayne
- Douglas Hodge: Alfred Pennyworth
- Dante Pereira-Olson: Bruce Wayne
- Shea Whigham: Inspector Burke
- Bill Camp: Inspector Garrity
- Glenn Fleshler: Randall
- Leigh Gill: Gary
- Josh Pais: Hoyt Vaughn
- Marc Maron: Ted Marco
- Brian Tyree Henry: archivist
- Bryan Callen: cabaret artist
Oscar-nominated director Todd Phillips directs the film from a script he wrote together with Oscar-nominated author Scott Silver and based on the characters of DC.
The troupe that shot the film is composed by director of photography Lawrence Sher (Godzilla II, the trilogy of The Hangover), by production designer Mark Friedberg (If beale street could talk), by editor Jeff Groth (War Dogs) and Oscar-winning costume designer Mark Bridges. The music instead was entrusted to Hildur Gunadttir.
Warner Bros. has planned the launch of the film in all US cinemas on October 4, 2019 (United States).