The NFL’s 104th season is on the horizon. Many people will rely on the NFL Game Pass to watch their favorite games. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work in the US, Canada, and China anymore because it’s been replaced with NFL+.
Due to licensing restrictions, NFL+ doesn’t show all games, which is why NFL Game Pass is a much better option. If you live in the US, you can use a VPN to change your location to anywhere in the world and watch any out-of-market NFL game.
There are many services out there, but the best NFL Game Pass VPN will encrypt your online traffic and change your IP address to alter your geographic location.
In this article, you’ll find a list of the best VPNs you can use to watch any game with a NFL Game Pass. We’ll also explain why you need a VPN with NFL Game Pass and what you can watch with it.
Top 5 best VPNs for NFL Game Pass
- ExpressVPN – Best overall VPN for NFL Game Pass in 2023
- NordVPN – Most secure VPN for watching NFL Game Pass content
- Surfshark – NFL Game Pass VPN with unlimited simultaneous connections
- Private Internet Access – Most affordable VPN for watching out-of-market NFL games
- CyberGhost – Excellent VPN for new users with NFL Game Pass
How to watch NFL games with NFL Game Pass
Here’s a brief step-by-step guide on how you can use the above-mentioned VPNs to watch NFL games with NFL Game Pass:
- First, carefully examine the VPNs on our list and pick one that you like.
- We recommend ExpressVPN because it has tons of servers from all around the world.
- Download the VPN on your device.
- Sign in and connect to a server where the NFL game you want to watch is available.
- Enjoy the game!
Before diving into the details, let’s take a look at some of the things that we took into consideration while making the list:
- Number of servers – The total number of servers the VPNs have.
- Speed – Whether or not you can watch NFL games in HD without any stuttering with the VPNs.
- Security Features – What sort of security features the VPNs have.
- Reliability – How safe and reliable the VPNs are.
- Price – How much the VPNs cost.
The best NFL Game Pass VPNs in 2023
There are many VPNs you can use to access NFL Game Pass, but not all of them will give the best results. After doing thorough research, here are the options we recommend:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for Unblocking NFL Game Pass in 2023
- Has thousands of servers in 94 countries
- Lets you buy an NFL Game Pass from anywhere in the world
- Lightway protocol provides a fast connection speed
- Minimalistic app design
- Doesn’t offer any trial version
ExpressVPN will allow you to watch any game you want with an NFL Game Pass. It has over 3000 servers in 94 countries, so you have tons of options to choose from when getting an NFL Game Pass subscription.
ExpressVPN is the best option for accessing NFL Game Pass.
Its native app for routers will allow you to connect your streaming device to it. This means you can watch your favorite NFL game no matter where you are directly on your TV.
The VPN provides fast speeds and robust security owing to its proprietary protocol called Lightway. You can rest assured you won’t encounter any buffering while watching an NFL game. Moreover, features like kill switch, DNS leak protection, and military-grade encryption will keep your online traffic safe at all times.
Our only gripe is the high price tag. ExpressVPN costs $8.32 per month, but comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
|Location||The British Virgin Islands|
|Number of servers||3000+ in 94 countries|
|Price starting from||$8.32 per month|
2. NordVPN – Best VPN for NFL Game Pass with the most advanced security features
- Get an NFL Game Pass by connecting to one of its 5000+ servers
- Use SmartPlay to watch out-of-market NFL games directly on your TV
- Includes many useful security features
- No trial version for PC, macOS, and iOS
Another VPN that’s always high up on our lists is NordVPN. It’s perfect for getting an NFL Game Pass and watching out-of-market NFL games because of its large server network and multitudinous security features.
NordVPN has a lot of servers that you can use to get an NFL Game Pass.
With NordVPN, you can connect your streaming device directly to a VPN server with a feature called SmartPlay. But this may not be possible on some streaming devices, so it’s much better to set it up on your router.
Some of its other features that you may find useful include dark web monitoring, Threat Protection, and Double VPN servers (or Multi-Hop routing).
NordVPN is one of the most well-known VPNs in the world, but if you want to know how it stacks up against ExpressVPN, we recommend taking a look at our detailed comparison review of the two services.
It’s currently available for $3.99 per month. The subscription also includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
|Number of servers||5000+ in 59 countries|
|Price starting from||$3.99 per month|
3. Surfshark – NFL Game Pass VPN best suited for friends and families
- Lets you connect an unlimited number of devices to VPN servers
- Watch any NFL game with one of its 3200 servers
- Offers a free trial version on Android, iOS, and macOS
- Doesn’t have a trial version on Windows
Surfshark is a VPN that’s similar to NordVPN, but is much cheaper. It’s great for getting an NFL Game Pass because it has 3200+ servers in 100 countries and includes tons of security features.
Surfshark has a similar user interface as that of NordVPN.
One of its best features is its unlimited simultaneous connections capability. Thanks to this feature, you can connect as many devices to it as you want. There’s no need to install it separately on a router.
It also has an ad-blocker called CleanWeb, which you can use to remove ads on various sites including YouTube. CleanWeb is one of the best ad-blockers of 2023.
You can purchase a Surfshark subscription for just $2.49 per month. But before you go ahead and spend your money, we recommend trying out its trial version, available on Android, iOS, and macOS.
|Number of servers||3200+ in 100 countries|
|Price starting from||$2.49 per month|
4. Private Internet Access – Cheapest VPN for watching NFL Game Pass content
- Extremely cheap VPN for getting an NFL Game Pass
- Gives you access to 35,000 servers in 84 countries
- Has various security features
- Some users may find the user interface confusing
The NFL Game Pass can be quite expensive, so it’s only natural that some people would want a cheap VPN. Private Internet Access is one of the most budget-friendly VPNs that’s also reliable, secure, and fast.
Private Internet Access for getting access to NFL Game Pass.
It has over 35,000 servers in 84 countries. All of these servers run on RAM and are regularly updated, which makes them safe to use. It has most of the features that you get with other top VPNs like ExpressVPN, including an advanced kill switch, split tunneling, military-grade encryption, and WireGuard.
Private Internet Access offers dedicated IP addresses from various countries for a small monthly fee. These servers rarely get blacklisted from sites and apps, which makes them great if you plan to use a VPN regularly (which you might once the NFL season starts).
You can get Private Internet Access for $2.03/month and avail a trial version on iOS and Android.
|Number of servers||35,000+ in 84 countries|
|Starting price||from $2.03/month|
5. CyberGhost – Light and user-friendly VPN for getting access to NFL Game Pass
- Has over 9700 servers in 91 countries
- Offers a 45-day money-back guarantee
- Has a trial version on macOS and Windows
- Has streaming-optimized servers
- Doesn’t have many advanced security features
CyberGhost is another light and budget-friendly VPN which is a solid option for watching NFL games with an NFL Game Pass. It has almost 10,000 servers in 91 countries, and many of them are specially made for streaming sites.
CyberGhost has an extensive list of servers that work with NFL Game Pass.
Just like Private Internet Access, CyberGhost also offers dedicated IPs for a nominal monthly fee. It offers several security features, including a kill switch, DNS leak protection, and P2P-optimized servers.
The streaming-optimized servers are regularly tested by the CyberGhost team to make sure they work with various streaming sites.
CyberGhost is targeted towards people who aren’t very familiar with VPNs, which is why it’s not as costly as other top services. You can get it for $2.91 per month with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
|Number of servers||9700+ in 91 countries|
|Starting price||from $2.19/month|
Methodology: how we tested NFL Game Pass VPNs
There were many things that we looked at while finding the best NFL Game Pass VPNs. Here are some of those things in detail:
- Number of servers – We took into consideration the total number of servers hosted by the VPNs and also tested many of them to make sure they work with NFL Game Pass. Our top VPNs regularly update their servers, so they’re safe and reliable.
- Speed – All of our top VPNs use WireGuard and Lightway. We tested their speeds on a 50 Mbps connection and didn’t experience any lag while streaming NFL games on an NFL Game Pass.
- Security Features – We tested many of the security features offered by the VPNs on our list to make sure they work as advertised. All of their features serve an important purpose and help make your online traffic more secure.
- Reliability – To see how reliable the VPNs are, we read their policies to understand how they log their users’ data. We also read other people’s reviews to learn about their experiences.
- Price – And finally, we looked at the cost of the VPNs and whether they offer good value for money or not.
How to activate NFL Game Pass with a VPN?
To get an NFL Game Pass with a VPN, all you have to do is connect to a server where it’s available. Follow the steps below to learn how to do that:
- First, pick a VPN from the list. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download the VPN on your device.
- Open the VPN client and connect to a server where NFL Game Pass is available (India, for example.)
- Now go to the NFL Game Pass site and select your plan.
- You’re now ready to start watching your favorite NFL games!
Why do you need a VPN with NFL Game Pass?
The reason why you need a VPN with NFL Game Pass is so you can watch blacked out NFL games. NFL Game Pass used to be available in the US, but it was recently replaced with NFL+.
NFL+ is a similar streaming service, but it’s only available in the US. Plus, live NFL games can only be watched on a tablet or a smartphone. To be able to watch them on any device, you have to purchase NFL+ Premium.
The NFL Game Pass is intended to be used by people outside the US, and while it lets you watch any NFL game you want, there are some countries (mostly in Europe) where you may face blackout restrictions.
If you try to access it from a region where it’s not available, it’ll display the following message:
If you’re an NFL Game Pass subscriber in the US or any other country where NFL games have been blacked out, then using a VPN is the fastest and easiest way to get around the restrictions.
All you have to do is connect to a server that’s based in a region where the NFL game you want to watch isn’t blacked out. A premium VPN like ExpressVPN will provide you with many security features that will help prevent sites and apps from uncovering your true IP address/location.
Can I use a free VPN with NFL Game Pass?
Yes, you can use a free VPN if you have no other choice, but we recommend sticking to a premium option. Most free VPNs aren’t reliable because they sell your ads to marketers and show targeted ads.
Another reason why you should avoid using a free VPN is because it may not have a server in a location where the NFL game you want to watch is available. Free VPNs have a very limited server network and most of their servers have already been blacklisted.
With that being said, there are a few free VPNs that manage to offer an experience that’s comparable to premium ones. One example is ProtonVPN. It has unlimited data usage and free servers in Japan, the Netherlands, and the USA.
If you want to read about other options, we recommend taking a look at our list of best free VPNs in 2023.
We always recommend using premium VPNs because they’re much safer and have thousands of servers, making them perfect for people who want to watch blacked out NFL games. One VPN we recommend is ExpressVPN. It has a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if you’re not happy with the results, you can request a refund.
What can you watch with NFL Game Pass?
The free version of NFL Game Pass lets you watch regular season and playoffs highlights, along with game previews. The “Season Pro” package includes every regular and postseason game, Super Bowl LVIII, the NFL Network, and more.
Here’s a table that shows what you can watch with an NFL Game Pass:
NFL Game Pass Highlights and more
NFL Game Pass Season Pro
Regular season and playoffs highlights
All regular and postseason games
Super Bowl LVIII
NFL Network and RedZone
2023 NFL Scouting Combine
NFL Draft rounds 1-7 live
2022 season highlights and full game replays
2023 NFL Scouting Combine
NFL originals and programs
The NFL Game Pass “Highlights and more” plan is completely free. The Season Pro plan’s price varies by region. In Germany and Italy, for example, it costs $47 and $51 per month, respectively.
To see how much it costs in other countries, we recommend taking a look at the official list shared by Dazn.
You must have a pretty good idea of how you can use a VPN to get around geo-restrictions imposed by the NFL.
ExpressVPN is our top recommendation for getting access to an NFL Game Pass. You can easily connect to one of its 3000 servers and buy an NFL Game Pass subscription. Thanks to its robust security features, no site or app will be able to know you’re connected to a VPN.
With the NFL Game Pass Season Pro plan, you’ll get access to all your favorite NFL content, including all regular and postseason games, and highlights from the 2022 season.
To get an NFL Game Pass with a VPN, you just have to connect to a server in a country where it’s available and then purchase it as you normally would. After that, pick a game to watch and have fun!
Frequently asked questions
Yes, NFL Game Pass works with a VPN. It’s available in over many countries. You can use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to connect to one of the countries where it’s available and then watch any NFL game you want.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for NFL Game Pass. It has incredibly fast servers that are based in over 94 countries and tons of security features that protect your online traffic. It’ll assign you a fake IP address to change your geographic location. This will allow you to get access to all the best NFL content that comes with an NFL Game Pass subscription.