Sportsbet is an Australian online gambling platform where you can place bets and engage in other sports such as football, basketball, tennis, and horse racing. Unfortunately, it’s not available outside Australia and New Zealand.
If you’re outside these two countries, you’ll have to use a VPN for Sportsbet. A VPN will change your IP address, making it look as if you’re physically present in one of the countries where the betting platform isn’t prohibited.
There are many services that can help, but not all of them are reliable. We tested several VPNs and made a list of the top 5 ones. In this article, we’ve shared the list and have also provided valuable information about using Sportsbet with a VPN.
Top 5 best Sportsbet VPNs
- ExpressVPN – Best VPN for Sportsbet in 2023
- NordVPN – Safe VPN for accessing Sportsbet
- Private Internet Access – Budget-friendly VPN for unblocking Sportsbet
- Surfshark – User-friendly Sportsbet VPN with unlimited simultaneous connections
- CyberGhost – Lightweight VPN that can be used with Sportsbet
How to play Sportsbet overseas with a VPN
To play Sportsbet while you’re overseas, all you have to do is connect to a VPN server located in Australia or New Zealand. Here’s how to do that:
- Pick a VPN of your choice. We recommend ExpressVPN, now 49% off.
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Connect to a server in Australia or New Zealand.
- Head over to the Sportsbet site and sign in with your credentials.
- Now start playing your favorite games!
There were many things we took into consideration while testing the best VPNs for Sportsbook. Here’s a brief look at some of them:
- Servers in Australia/New Zealand – Whether or not they have servers in Australia and New Zealand.
- Features – What security features they offer.
- Speed – How fast the VPNs are.
- Reliability – How reliable the VPNs are (gauged by several different factors explained below).
- Price – The cost of the VPNs and whether they offer free trial versions or money-back guarantees.
The best VPNs for Sportsbet in 2023
The best VPN for Sportsbet will allow you to access the gambling platform from anywhere in the world by changing your IP address. Here are our top 5 picks:
1. ExpressVPN – Best overall VPN for accessing Sportsbet in 2023
- Has good quality servers for Sportsbet in both Australia and New Zealand
- Uses Lightway to give fast speeds and airtight security
- Has a very minimalistic app
- Many users will find it expensive
ExpressVPN has tons of servers in both Australia and New Zealand. You can connect to these servers and easily unblock Sportsbet. Placing bets will never be a problem thanks to ExpressVPN’s lightning fast protocol Lightway.
ExpressVPN’s Australian server locations.
The BVI-based VPN comes with a kill switch, split tunneling, DNS leak protection, and several other useful features to keep your browsing activities safe and anonymous. It also ranked #1 on our list of best VPNs for gambling in 2023.
You can get ExpressVPN from $6.67/month and get a 30-day money-back guarantee with it.
|Location||The British Virgin Islands|
|Number of servers||3000+ servers in 105 countries|
|Server locations in Australia||7|
|Price starting from||from $6.67/month|
2. NordVPN – Powerful and secure VPN that can unblock Sportsbet
- Has hundreds of Sportsbet servers in Australia
- Includes several advanced features not usually found in other VPNs
- Has a 7-day trial version on Android
- No trial version on other devices
NordVPN is usually people’s first choice when they want something secure and reliable. With over 172 servers in Australia (5 locations) and 27 servers in New Zealand, NordVPN is perfect for unblocking Sportsbet. The NordLynx (WireGuard) protocol it uses gives you a fast and secure connection, making it easy and safe to place bets.
Australian servers included in NordVPN.
Like ExpressVPN, NordVPN comes with the essential security features, but it goes a step further and includes some other features as well, such as dark web monitoring and built-in Onion over VPN connectivity.
NordVPN offers a free 7-day trial version on Android and you also get a 30-day money-back guarantee with your purchase. Prices start from $2.99/month.
|Number of servers||5810+ servers in 60 countries|
|Server locations in Australia||5|
|Price starting from||from $2.99/month|
3. Private Internet Access – Affordable Sportsbet VPN with fast connection speeds
- Has several Sportsbet servers in Australia and New Zealand
- Lets you customize the information you see in the app
- Has a total of 35,000+ servers
- Company is headquartered in the USA
Private Internet Access (PIA) has 6 server locations in Australia and 1 server location in New Zealand. It uses WireGuard, the same protocol that NordVPN uses, which allows you to use Sportsbet without worrying about getting caught.
PIA’s macOS app showing Australian servers.
Some of the features you get with PIA include an advanced kill switch, split tunneling, and Double VPN servers.
It also gives you the option to get a dedicated IP for a small monthly fee. The VPN starts from $2.11/month and you can avail a free 7-day trial version on iOS and Android.
|Number of servers||35000+ servers in 84 countries|
|Server locations in Australia||6|
|Price starting from||from $2.11/month|
4. Surfshark – Sportsbet VPN that can be used on an unlimited number of devices
- Helps you unblock Sportsbet with its server locations in Australia and New Zealand
- Offers unlimited simultaneous connections
- Also has an ad-blocker and antivirus
- Located in a 14 Eyes country
Surfshark may not be the cheapest VPN on this list, but for its price, it offers tons of great features that makes it perfect for Sportsbet. First, it has 5 server locations in Australia and 1 in New Zealand.
Australian server locations in Surfshark.
Second, it has unlimited simultaneous connections, which means one subscription can be used on unlimited devices.
Third, it has similar features as NordVPN. It’s equipped with a kill switch, DNS leak protection, Double VPN servers, and DNS leak protection.
Surfshark also has an ad-blocker, called CleanWeb, and an antivirus. CleanWeb made it to our list of top 5 ad-blockers in 2023.
You can get Surfshark from $1.99/month. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
|Number of servers||3200+ servers in 100 countries|
|Server locations in Australia||5|
|Price starting from||from $1.99/month|
5. CyberGhost – Small and lightweight VPN that can bypass Sportsbet’s geo-restrictions
- Has various servers for Sportsbet
- Includes streaming and P2P-optimized servers
- Simple and easy to use
- May not be the best option for more advanced users
CyberGhost has quickly emerged as one of the best VPNs for gambling. It’s great for Sportsbet as it has over 200 servers in Australia and 13 in New Zealand. Combine this with its affordable pricing, robust security features, and high-speed protocol, and CyberGhost stands out as a great option for gambling enthusiasts.
CyberGhost’s UI on macOS.
The VPN has dedicated servers for specific streaming sites, which means you can also use it to unblock Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and other streaming platforms. Moreover, it has optimized servers for torrenting, making it great for downloading and uploading large files.
You can get CyberGhost from $2.11/month.
|Number of servers||9200+ servers in 91 countries|
|Server locations in Australia||3|
|Price starting from||from $2.11/month|
Comparison of best VPNs for Sportsbet
Not sure which VPN is best for you? Here’s a table that lists the main differences between our top 5 VPNs for Sportsbet:
|ExpressVPN||NordVPN||Private Internet Access||Surfshark||CyberGhost|
|Number of servers||3000+ servers in 105 countries||5810+ servers in 60 countries||35000+ servers in 84 countries||3200+ servers in 100 countries|
|Location||British Virgin Islands||Panama||Colorado, United States||The Netherlands||Romania|
|Server locations in Australia||7||5||6||5||3|
|Number of devices||5||6||Unlimited||Unlimited||7|
|Money-back guarantee||30 days||30 days||30 days||30 days||45 days|
|Price||Starting from $6.67/month||Starting from $2.99/month||Starting from $2.11/month||Starting from $1.99/month||Starting from $2.11/month|
Methodology: How we tested Sportsbet VPNs
As mentioned above, we took into consideration various factors while testing the best VPNs for Sportsbet. Here are those factors in detail:
- Servers in Australia/New Zealand – The most important factor was the number of servers hosted by the VPN in Australia and New Zealand.
- Features – Another thing that was important to us was the security features offered by the VPN. We wanted to make sure the VPNs on our list have strong security features that you can use to protect your online traffic.
- Speed – We tested the connection speeds of all the VPNs to make sure they’re fast enough for you to use Sportsbet without experiencing any lag. They all use Lightway and WireGuard protocols, which are two of the fastest and most secure protocols in the VPN industry.
- Reliability – To make sure we only include VPNs that are reliable, we read reviews from various sources and also checked their privacy policies.
- Price – The last thing we checked was the price of the VPNs and whether or not they offer trial versions/money-back guarantees.
Why do you need a VPN for Sportsbet?
You need a VPN for Sportsbet because it’s one of the best ways to use the site if you don’t live in Australia or New Zealand. Here are some other reasons:
- Bypassing geo-restrictions – Sportsbet has restrictions in various regions. A VPN will alter your IP address to make it appear as if you’re in Australia or New Zealand.
- Online traffic encryption – VPNs encrypt your online traffic, which makes you anonymous and prevents outside parties from getting their hands on your data.
- Boosting your privacy – With a VPN, you can prevent your ISP and other parties from tracking your online activities. This may be important in many countries where online gambling is prohibited.
- Avoiding ISP throttling – You can stop your ISP from throttling your Internet with the help of a VPN. Since it hides your online activities, your ISP can’t see what you do.
What countries is Sportsbet allowed in?
Sportsbet is only legal in Australia and New Zealand. If you try to access it from any other country, you’ll encounter a message telling you that Sportsbet isn’t available in your location.
The message that appears on Sportsbet if you try to access it from outside Australia or New Zealand.
By changing your IP address to one that’s located in Australia or New Zealand, you can trick Sportsbet into thinking you’re actually in those countries.
Is it safe to use a free VPN with Sportsbet?
Yes, it’s generally safe to use a free VPN with Sportsbet, but we don’t recommend it. Most free VPNs show ads and don’t fully protect your data. They also have limited data usage, features, and servers.
Most free VPNs don’t have any servers in Australia or New Zealand. Most only offer free servers in the US and the Netherlands, which won’t unblock Sportsbet.
We recommend using a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN instead. Most premium VPNs have free trial versions and also offer money-back guarantees.
Sportsbet is a popular Australian online betting site, but it’s unavailable in almost every other country. If you’re in the UK or the USA, the fastest and easiest way to access it is by using a VPN.
Our favorite VPN service for Sportsbet is ExpressVPN. It has tons of servers in Australia and an incredibly fast protocol that’s also capable of keeping your online traffic safe and secure.
Sportsbet isn’t available outside of Australia and New Zealand because of licensing laws. As of yet, the site hasn’t announced any plans to expand its operations.
Using a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN is the best way to play Sportsbet if you’re outside Australia. We don’t recommend using free VPNs because they usually don’t have servers in Australia or New Zealand.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can use a VPN for Sportsbet. In fact, it’s one of the safest methods to get access to the site if you’re outside Australia or New Zealand. We recommend using ExpressVPN as it has many servers in both countries.
The best VPN for Sportsbet is ExpressVPN. It has various servers in Australia and New Zealand, the only two countries where the betting site works. Plus, it has powerful security features that protect your online traffic while you use Sportsbet.