Stake.com is a popular site for gambling enthusiasts from all over the world. But there are a few countries where it’s unavailable, including the US. The country has strict rules on gambling and because Stake.com hasn’t complied with them, it’s not allowed to operate there.
But don’t worry if you love gambling and want to try your luck at Stake. If you live in a country where it’s banned, you can bypass its geo-restrictions with the help of a VPN. Since there are so many on the market, it can be hard to decide which one to get.
The best VPN for Stake is one that will hide your real IP address and give you access to a large number of servers. In this article, we’ve compiled a list of the top 5 VPN services for unblocking Stake and have also shared information on how to use them.
How to play Stake in any country with a VPN
- Take a look at our list and pick a VPN that meets your needs.
- We recommend ExpressVPN because it has over 3000 servers in 94 countries.
- Download the VPN on your device.
- Open the VPN client and connect to a server where Stake is available.
- Deposit some money and enjoy gambling!
There were many things that we took into consideration while testing the best VPNs for Stake.com. Here are some of those factors:
- Number of servers – The total amount of servers offered by the VPNs.
- Trustworthiness – How reliable and trustworthy the VPNs are.
- Speed – Whether or not the VPNs are able to provide a fast and consistent connection speed.
- Security features – What features the VPNs offer.
- Price – How much the VPNs cost.
The best VPNs for Stake in 2024
We tested over 20 VPNs to see which ones actually work with Stake.com. Here are the ones we recommend using:
- ExpressVPN – Best VPN for Stake in 2024
- NordVPN – Secure VPN for using Stake
- Private Internet Access – Cheapest VPN that unblocks Stake.com
- Surfshark – Best Stake VPN for friends and families
- CyberGhost – User-friendly VPN to use Stake with
Let’s take a more detailed look at each of these VPNs:
1. ExpressVPN – Best overall VPN for Stake.com in 2024
- Has servers in thousands of locations where Stake is not restricted
- Has powerful security features that provide a safe gambling experience
- App design is consistent across all devices
- Some users may find ExpressVPN expensive
ExpressVPN’s large server network isn’t the only thing we like about it. It also boasts top-notch security features that are perfect for helping you unblock Stake.com. Moreover, it has an extremely user-friendly interface and a proprietary protocol called Lightway.
Use ExpressVPN to unblock Stake.
Its 3000+ servers are based in over 94 countries, making it incredibly easy to find a region where Stake.com isn’t banned. Thanks to all the independent audits the VPN has undergone, it’s one of the most trusted and reliable services on the market.
ExpressVPN also comes with a kill switch, DNS leak protection, split tunneling, and military-grade encryption. These security features help keep you (and your money!) safe while you’re gambling on Stake.
ExpressVPN costs $8.32/month and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
|British Virgin Islands
|Number of servers
|3000+ in 94 countries
2. NordVPN – Most secure Stake.com VPN
- Offers a trial version for Android
- NordVPN’s security features make it safe to use Stake.com
- Has servers in over 59 countries
- Doesn’t have a trial version for iOS and desktop
NordVPN is one the most secure VPNs for using Stake.com in the US and other regions where the gambling platform is banned. The VPN service is packed with useful features and uses a protocol called NordLynx, which is a modified version of WireGuard.
NordVPN’s app for macOS.
Features such as dark web monitoring, double VPN servers, and Threat Protection will help keep your online data safe while you play on Stake.com. You can read our in-depth review of NordVPN to get a better idea of how its features help protect your online privacy.
The best thing about NordVPN is that it has a trial version for Android devices. You can subscribe to it for $3.99 per month and get a 30-day money-back guarantee.
|Number of servers
|5000+ in 59 countries
3. Private Internet Access – Best Stake VPN with over 35,000 servers
- Cheapest VPN for Stake.com
- Has over 35,000 servers, most of which work with Stake
- Offers a free trial for iOS and Android
- VPN company is based in a 5 Eyes country
Private Internet Access is the cheapest Stake.com VPN that also has the largest server network. With over 35,000 servers based in 84 countries, it would be impossible not to find one that’s capable of unblocking Stake.com.
PIA’s app for iOS.
At a significantly reduced price, you get a VPN that has similar features as ExpressVPN and NordVPN, including a kill switch, split tunneling, WireGuard, and military-grade encryption.
It also lets you purchase a dedicated IP address, which has less chances of being blocked than a shared one. What really makes it stand out from other VPNs is that you can customize its app so you only see information on the main screen that you want to see.
You can get Private Internet Access for as little as $2.03 per month. It has a free trial version for iOS and Android.
|Number of servers
|35,000+ in 84 countries
4. Surfshark – Best Stake VPN with unlimited simultaneous connections
- Use Stake by connecting to one of its 3200 servers
- Has a free trial version for Android, iOS, and macOS
- Has unlimited simultaneous connections
- Based in the Netherlands
Surfshark is another cheaper alternative for those who find NordVPN and ExpressVPN too expensive. It has over 3200 servers, which are based in many regions where Stake isn’t restricted. Plus, it has plenty of features that make it completely safe to use the gambling platform from a country where it’s banned.
Unblock Stake by connecting to one of Surfshark’s servers.
Some of its features include Multi-Hop servers, ad and tracker blocker, WireGuard, and split tunneling. Because it has unlimited simultaneous connections, you can use it on as many devices as you want. This makes it perfect for families and companies.
Despite being based in the Netherlands, a 14 Eyes country, Surfshark has a strict no-log policy and it’s been audited by Deloitte.
Surfshark is available for $2.49/month and offers a free trial version for Android, iOS, and macOS.
|Number of servers
|3200+ in 100 countries
5. CyberGhost – User-friendly VPN for Stake.com
- Offers a free trial version for multiple platforms
- You can unblock Stake with one of its 9700 servers
- Great option for new users owing to its simple user-interface
- Doesn’t have a yearly package
CyberGhost is an excellent option for those who’ve never used a VPN before. It’s simple to use and works great with Stake.com. Boasting a large network of 9700 servers in 91 countries, CyberGhost is capable of unblocking Stake and many other sites including Netflix and Disney+.
CyberGhost’s app for macOS.
It lets you get a dedicated IP for a small fee and offers plenty of other features such as a kill switch, military-grade encryption, and DNS leak protection. Just like Surfshark, CyberGhost has also been audited by Deloitte, proving that it takes its users’ privacy and security seriously.
Unlike other VPN services, CyberGhost has a money-back guarantee of 45 days. You can get it for $2.19 per month. It has a free trial version for all platforms.
|Number of servers
|9700+ in 91 countries
Methodology: How we chose Stake VPNs
As mentioned above, there were many factors we took into consideration while testing the best VPNs for Stake. Here’s a more detailed explanation of those factors:
- Number of servers – We looked at the total number of servers that are offered by the VPNs and even tested many of them to make sure they actually work. Almost all of them were able to bypass Stake’s geo-restrictions.
- Trustworthiness – To see how trustworthy the VPNs are, we combed through many reviews and carefully read their user policies. They’ve all been independently audited and use RAM-based servers.
- Speed – All of the VPNs on our list use powerful protocols like WireGuard and Lightway. We tested them on a 50 Mbps connection and they all give fast and consistent speeds.
- Security features – We used many of the security features these VPNs offer to see how they help with unblocking Stake. Features such as split tunneling, double VPN servers, and kill switch all do a great job of protecting your identity and keeping you anonymous.
- Price – We compared the prices of many VPNs and found these to be the best at providing a good value for money.
Why Stake isn’t available in most countries?
There are several reasons why Stake isn’t available in many countries. The US has very strict regulations when it comes to online gambling. Because Stake isn’t regulated by any gambling authority in the US, it can’t operate there.
In some countries, even if the online gambling platform is legal, you may not be able to access all of its services. For example, in Denmark and Ecuador, you can use Stake.com, but can’t participate in its NetEnt games.
Obtaining the proper licenses and authorizations can be a time-consuming process, which is why many companies choose to limit access to their services.
Another reason is because expanding to new countries can be expensive and requires a lot of legal expertise, especially in the online gambling industry. Some countries don’t even have clear laws regarding online casinos, which can make it difficult for companies and users alike to understand the legal implications of being engaged in gambling activities.
If you try to access Stake.com from a region where it’s not available, you’ll get an error saying, “It appears that you are located in [country name] and due to Gambling Regulations the domain stake.com does not accept gambling from your country.”
The message that appears if you try to open Stake.com from a location where it’s banned.
What country is Stake allowed in?
There are more countries where Stake is permitted than countries where it’s not. Here’s a table that shows what regions it’s allowed in:
Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, and Poland
Canada and Mexico
Argentina, Brazil, and Chile
China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Singapore, and Taiwan
Egypt and South Africa
If you’re based in one of the countries above, you don’t need a VPN to access Stake.com and you can play any of the games available on the platform.
What countries is Stake banned in?
According to Stake’s Terms of Service, there are 33 countries where you can’t use any service offered by the gambling site. Here’s a table that lists those countries:
Belarus, Belgium, Côte d'Ivoire, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Cuba, Curaçao, United States, Ontario
Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, and Syria
Liberia, Libya, Sudan, South Sudan, Zimbabwe
Note that in the US, you can access Stake.us, which is a social casino that has a variety of casino games and uses two virtual coins: “Gold Coins” and “Stake Cash.”
How to play Stake casino in USA?
Since Stake is banned in the US, you have to use a VPN to access it. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to play Stake in the US with a VPN:
- First, choose a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download the VPN on your device.
- Launch the VPN and connect to a server where Stake is available (Japan, for example).
4. Now go to Stake.com. The site will open and you can access all of its services.
5. Top up your balance and start playing!
Can I use a free VPN with Stake?
Yes, you can use a free VPN with Stake, but keep in mind that it won’t work as well as a premium VPN service. Most free VPNs tend to be quite limited and aren’t very safe to use. They pose security risks because many of them show ads and sell your data to advertisers.
Another problem with most free VPNs is that they have a limited number of servers, which makes it difficult to find one that works with Stake. They also have a limited amount of data you can consume.
One free VPN we recommend trying out is Proton VPN. It’s one of the best free VPNs of 2024 because it has no data limits, doesn’t show any ads, and has a free server in Japan.
Note that most free VPN servers have already been blacklisted and they’re not regularly updated like premium ones. Free services also don’t have advanced security features so they get detected easily.
That’s why we recommend using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN. Take advantage of its 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it out and see if it’s worth your money.
Frequently asked questions
Stake isn’t available in the US due to licensing problems. The online gambling platform isn’t authorized to operate in the US (and many other countries). If you live in America or are traveling there, you will not be able to use any of Stake’s services.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to use for Stake.com. It has over 3000 servers in 94 countries, including Egypt, Argentina, and Japan. It uses many complicated techniques and methods to hide your real IP address and prevent Stake.com from finding out that you’re using a VPN.
Yes, you can gamble on Stake with the help of a VPN like ExpressVPN. A VPN’s primary purpose is to spoof your location and protect your online traffic. If you use a good premium VPN, not even your ISP will be able to detect it.
Stake isn’t legal anywhere in the US. You can only access Stake.us, a social casino that runs on virtual coins. It doesn’t offer the same experience as Stake.com, which is why most users prefer to use a VPN to access the real site.
Yes, Stake can sometimes detect that you’re using a VPN, but mostly if you’re using a free service that doesn’t have any security features. A VPN like ExpressVPN is harder to detect because it has robust features that enhance your online privacy.
Since Stake accepts crypto, depositing money on it is easy with a VPN. Connect to a server where it’s legal, connect your crypto wallet and any currency that’s present in it will automatically be available for use on Stake. To deposit crypto coins in the wallet, you can use P2P on Binance or your debit/credit card.