FanDuel is a popular online sportsbooks or betting site where you can place bets on major U.S. sports like NBA, NFL, MLB, and more.
Unfortunately, the FanDuel sportsbook is only available in a select few states of America. For example, if you’re physically located out of state, you can’t access the site. Some states like California and Idaho have restricted its use.
Luckily, you can use a VPN if you’re in a restricted state and want to play FanDuel. With a VPN, you can change your IP address to make it look like you’re in a region where FanDuel is legal.
In this article, we’ll explain why FanDuel is restricted in some areas, which VPN you can use to access it and where it’s illegal.
How to use a VPN with FanDuel to play from anywhere
A VPN will allow you to use FanDuel from anywhere in the world. Here’s how to use it:
- Choose a VPN that meets your needs.
- We recommend ExpressVPN because it has over 29 server locations in the USA.
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Connect to a server in a US state where FanDuel is legal.
- Start placing your bets!
Why is my location restricted on FanDuel?
Your location is restricted on FanDuel because it exclusively operates in a select few US states. If you’re out of state or physically located in an area where online gambling is banned, then you won’t be able to access any sports betting site.
FanDuel itself has stated that it can’t allow people to use the site if they’re in a state (or country) where online gambling is prohibited. The FanDuel website determines your location by looking at your IP address.
If you try to open the site, you’ll most likely get an error saying, “The request could not be satisfied.”
This is what you’ll most likely see if you try to access FanDuel from a location where it’s restricted.
The reason why online gambling sites are banned in so many states and countries is because there have been cases where people have used them to engage in money laundering and bank fraud.
While this may not be true for most companies, it has contributed significantly to the stigma that’s attached to online betting.
Why should you use a VPN with FanDuel?
A VPN is the easiest way to unblock FanDuel no matter where you are in the world. Here’s a more detailed look at some of the reasons why you should use a VPN with FanDuel:
- Bypass geo-restrictions – As previously mentioned, FanDuel is illegal or restricted in many states and countries. Since it uses your IP address to know where you are, you can use a VPN to change it. This will trick the site into thinking you’re in a different location.
- Access specific games – Even in US states where FanDuel is legal, you can’t get access to every type of game. For example, users in Oregon have access to horse racing, but not casino games. With a VPN, though, you can play any type of game you want.
- Obfuscate your online traffic – Most premium VPNs use complex obfuscation techniques to make sure sites can’t see your original IP address. This makes them a safe method to access FanDuel with since you can easily avoid detection and penalties.
- Secure your online traffic – Most VPNs have tons of advanced security features which protect your online traffic and data, which is essential when you’re using an online betting site where you keep your money.
What are the best FanDuel VPNs?
With the best FanDuel VPNs, you can easily access the site no matter where you are without getting caught and penalized. Here are our top 3 VPNs for FanDuel:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to play FanDuel with
- Stealth servers help avoid detection on FanDuel
- Has 29 server locations in the US
- Comes with fast and secure protocols for safe gambling
ExpressVPN is the best FanDuel VPN thanks to its large server network, security features, and fast speed. The obfuscation its “stealth servers” provide will help you avoid detection when playing on the online betting site. Whether you’re just traveling or live outside of America, you’ll easily be able to access FanDuel and its various competitions with ExpressVPN.
|Location||British Virgin Islands|
|Number of servers||3000+ in 94 countries|
|Server locations in the USA||29|
|Price||Starting from $6.67 per month|
Use ExpressVPN to unblock FanDuel.
Since it has 29 server locations in the US, you can easily find a server in a state where the competition you want to participate in isn’t prohibited. You get a variety of protocols to choose from, but Lightway is the fastest and most secure option.
It’s available for $6.67 per month and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
2. NordVPN – FanDuel VPN that has advanced security features
- Has security features that provide a safe online gambling experience
- Double VPN servers make accessing FanDuel extra secure
- Over 5000 servers in 59 countries
- Apps can be confusing to use
NordVPN has over 5000 servers in 59 countries, with most of them being in the US. As a result, finding servers in states where FanDuel is permitted shouldn’t be a problem. We were able to unblock the site without any hassle while using NordVPN’s NordLynx protocol.
|Number of servers||5000+ in 59 countries|
|Server locations in the USA||16|
|Price||Starting from $4.19 per month|
NordLynx is a better version of WireGuard, which is capable of providing incredibly fast speeds and robust security.
It comes with multiple advanced security features like Onion over VPN servers, Double VPN servers, and an ad blocker called Threat Protection. If you’d like to read more about these features, check out our detailed review of NordVPN.
NordVPN has 16 US server locations.
You can get NordVPN for $4.19 per month. It has a free 7-day trial version for Android, but you also get a 30-day money-back guarantee with every plan.
3. Private Internet Access – Affordable VPN for FanDuel that has servers in every US state
- Lets you get a dedicated IP for a small fee
- Inexpensive FanDuel VPN
- App’s menu can be customized
- Has servers in every US state
- Located in a 5 Eyes country
Private Internet Access is the most affordable option for FanDuel fans. It has server locations in every US state, which means you can easily unblock the sportsbook site no matter where you are in the world.
|Number of servers||10,000+ in 84 countries|
|Server locations in the USA||50|
|Price||Starting from $2.03 per month|
Despite the low price tag, Private Internet Access doesn’t cut any corners when it comes to security and speed. It uses WireGuard protocol to make sure you get the best experience when bypassing FanDuel’s restrictions.
It also lets you get a dedicated IP address for an extra fee which will make your gambling experience on FanDuel even safer.
A dedicated IP address is much safer to use when accessing FanDuel.
You can use it on 10 devices simultaneously and it provides tons of customization options, which makes it a great choice for beginners and advanced users alike.
You can get Private Internet Access for $2.03 per month with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Where is FanDuel not allowed?
FanDuel is a US-exclusive gambling site that’s not allowed anywhere outside of America. Even in the USA, it’s only allowed in a select few states. If you live in a state where it’s allowed and you travel to a place where it’s blocked after signing up, you won’t be able to access your account.
In the map below, you can see which states allow FanDuel and which ones don’t.
US states where FanDuel isn’t allowed.
If you live out of state, you can easily use a VPN to access FanDuel. Here’s how:
How to play FanDuel out of states
- Pick a reliable VPN that meets your needs.
- We recommend ExpressVPN since it has some of the best servers in the US.
- Install the VPN on your device.
- Find and connect to a server where FanDuel works.
- Start gambling to your heart’s content!
FanDuel not working with VPN? Try this:
If you can’t access FanDuel even after using a VPN, here are some things you can do to fix that:
- Connect to a different server – The server you’re using may have been blocked. Keep trying different servers until you find one that works. Always use a premium VPN that has good quality servers.
- Reset your browser’s data – Try clearing your browser’s cookies and cache. Sometimes, sites can recognize your “browser profile” with the help of your cookies and cache.
- Use incognito mode – If you don’t want to reset your browser’s data, use incognito mode after connecting to a VPN.
- Use a different browser – Use an entirely different browser specifically for accessing sites like FanDuel with a VPN. This way, you can separate your browser profiles and avoid detection.
- Get a dedicated IP – Shared IP addresses are more easily caught because they’re being used by multiple people from different locations. A dedicated IP address is exclusively used by you and it’s unlikely for it to get blocked.
- Take advantage of security features – If your VPN has features like Multi-Hop/Double VPN and obfuscation, then you should always have them on. They’re designed specifically for sites and regions that are more strict when it comes to using a VPN.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can use a VPN with FanDuel if the site is restricted in your region. We recommend using ExpressVPN since it’s a premium service that has servers in the US, making it easy to access FanDuel.
Yes, you can play FanDuel outside the US but you need a VPN. A VPN will change your IP address and make it look as if you’re in a US state where FanDuel is legal.
Yes, if you’re in Europe and want to bet on FanDuel, we recommend using a VPN that will hide your original IP address and replace it with one that’s located in the US. It’s the easiest way to access the gambling site from anywhere in the world.
Yes, FanDuel can detect VPN, especially if you use a shared IP address. In most cases, you’ll get a warning, but it could eventually lead to a ban so we recommend getting a dedicated IP address.