Looking to access FanDuel in restricted states? Discover how a VPN can be your ultimate game-changer. FanDuel, one of the leading fantasy league platforms, offers exciting betting options for major US sports leagues. However, access to FanDuel is limited to just 20 out of the 50 US states. So, if you’re outside fan-favorite states like Illinois, Arizona, New Jersey, Nevada, Pennsylvania or Virginia, your access to FanDuel's exciting betting options for the NBA, Tennis, NFL, NHL, and MLB could be blocked.
But there's a workaround. By using a VPN with servers located in states where FanDuel is legally accessible, you can change your IP address to appear as if you're betting from within these licensed states. Wondering how to seamlessly play FanDuel with a VPN? You're in the perfect spot. We've tested and handpicked the best VPNs like ExpressVPN, NordVPN and Surfshark. Follow our guide to stay in the game, but remember, always check the local legalities of accessing FanDuel with a VPN.
How to use a VPN with FanDuel to play from anywhere
- Choose a VPN with servers in many US states. We recommend ExpressVPN, now 49% off.
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Log in or create an account.
- Connect to a server in a US state where FanDuel is legal, such as New York or Illinois.
- Head to the FanDuel site and feel free to make your bets.
Why is my location restricted on FanDuel?
FanDuel restricts locations based on state legislation that either permits or bans daily fantasy sports (DFS) and online gambling. If you're in a state where online gambling is prohibited, you won't have access to FanDuel's sports betting, fantasy leagues, casino games, or other categories.
Play FanDuel anywhere with ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is a VPN that 100% works with FanDuel in the US and overseas. The service offers servers in 24 US states, retains excellent speeds, and doesn’t leak your IP throughout the session
- Lightning-fast connection speeds
- 3,000+ servers worldwide
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Typically, when trying to log in from a restricted location, FanDuel displays a list of available states. Just like the one below:
For users encountering the 'I don’t see my state' option, a reputable VPN offers a solution. It allows you to obtain an IP address from a state where FanDuel is legal. Beyond IP spoofing, VPNs like ExpressVPN enhance your privacy by encrypting your online activities and reducing targeted ads, making your FanDuel experience more secure and private.
Why should you use a VPN with FanDuel?
A VPN is the best way to unblock FanDuel in the US and abroad. Here’s a more detailed look at some of the reasons why you should use a VPN with FanDuel:
- Bypass geo-restrictions – FanDuel is widely illegal or restricted and it uses your IP address to know where you are. Capable VPNs, such as ExpressVPN, can help you spoof your IP and bypass geo-blocks implemented by FanDuel or other websites and apps.
- Access specific games – Even in US states where FanDuel is legal, you can’t get access to every type of game. For example, users in Oregon have access to horse racing, but not casino games. With a VPN, though, you can bet on any type of FanDuel.
- Obfuscate your online traffic – Most websites monitor for VPN activities and block VPN-related IPs. Yet, with a secure VPN, you can obfuscate your traffic, and mask a VPN connection itself.
- Stay secure online – Either playing FanDuel or casually browsing, there are various threats lurking online. A robust FanDuel VPN can help you avoid data breaches, ads, malware, and other types of cyber threats.
What are the best FanDuel VPNs?
The best FanDuel VPNs should offer you many servers in a variety of US states, retain stable connections, and use top-notch security features. With this in mind, we tested and selected the top 5 VPNs to bet on FanDuel out of state where it’s available.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to play FanDuel with overall
- Helps avoid VPN blocks with Stealth servers
- Offers 24 US server locations
- Effectively bypasses geo-restrictions
- Pricier subscription plans
ExpressVPN is the best FanDuel VPN thanks to its large server network, security features, and fast speed. With its Stealth servers, you will bypass not only IP but also VPN blocks.
|Location||British Virgin Islands|
|Number of servers||3000+ servers in 105 countries|
|Server locations in the USA||24|
Since it has 24 server locations in the US, you can easily find a server in a state where the competition you want to participate in isn’t prohibited, like New York or Illinois. Additionally, ExpressVPN retains excellent connection speeds using its proprietary Lightway tunneling protocol.
The pricing starts from $6.67/month and you get to try out the VPN using a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Find more insights from testing in our ExpressVPN review.
2. NordVPN – feature-rich FanDuel VPN
- Nearly 2000 servers in the US
- Has an ad and tracker blocker
- Retains super-fast connection speeds worldwide
- Malware protection needs improvement
- iTunes and App Store purchases aren’t refunded
NordVPN is an excellent VPN to play FanDuel in Florida, California, or anywhere else, as it comes with a top-notch set of features. This VPN encrypts your online traffic, removes ads, blocks trackers, and even checks for malware.
|Number of servers||5810+ servers in 60 countries|
|Server locations in the USA||16|
With almost 2000 servers in the US and NordVPN’s NordLynx protocol, we could easily access FanDuel and enjoy a lag-free experience. Meanwhile, a built-in ad blocker helped us avoid annoying and malicious ads in and outside the DFS platform.
You can claim a 7-day NordVPN free trial via Android device, and combine it with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Afterwards, NordVPN’s prices start from $2.99/month.
Check out our detailed review of NordVPN to find out more.
3. Surfshark – FanDuel VPN with unlimited simultaneous connections
- Allows unlimited simultaneous connections
- Has over 600 servers in the US
- Unblocks FanDuel and other DFS platforms
- The iOS app needs improvement
- A one-month subscription is expensive
Surfshark is an all-around FanDuel VPN that you can use on all your household devices simultaneously. With servers in 100 countries overall and 600 of them in the US, this VPN unblocks either FanDuel or any other DFS site effortlessly.
|Number of servers||3200+ servers in 100 countries|
|USA server locations||25|
This VPN is also one of the speediest VPNs on the market, thanks to its WireGuard tunneling protocol. Additionally, you can use its obfuscation feature to mask a VPN connection and avoid VPN blocks.
Another Surfshark’s selling point is its pricing, which starts from $1.99/month. Additionally, you can use its 7-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Learn more about this VPN in our Surfshark review.
4. Private Internet Access – The cheapest VPN to play FanDuel
- Servers in all US states
- Kill switch on all PIA’s apps
- Supports anonymous payments
- Located in a 5-Eyes country
- Not the best connection speeds
Private Internet Access is the most affordable VPN option for FanDuel fans. It has server locations in every US state, which means you can easily unblock the sportsbook site no matter where you are in the world.
|Number of servers||35000+ servers in 84 countries|
|Server locations in the USA||53|
It uses WireGuard protocol to make sure you enjoy a combination of good speeds and secure connections. And it also offers a handful of extra features, including a reliable ad blocker, identity guard, secure browser, and more.
You can get Private Internet Access starting from $2.11/month with a 30-day money-back guarantee and use its subscription on up to 10 devices at once.
Learn more about the features in our PIA review.
5. CyberGhost – FanDuel VPN for beginners
- Has over 1420 US servers
- Works with multiple DFS leagues
- Has dedicated servers for gaming
- WireGuard connection issues on Apple products
- An ad blocker needs improvements
CyberGhost is a user-friendly VPN to play FanDuel outside US states where it’s legal. The provider comes with intuitive apps for all popular devices and it also offers a good selection of features, such as dedicated servers for gaming, streaming, or torrenting.
|Number of servers||9200+ servers in 91 countries|
|USA server locations||11|
The provider has implemented the WireGuard tunneling protocol which helps you retain fast but also secure connection speeds. It also ensures you’re completely protected, offering you a functional kill switch, top-notch encryption, and NoSpy servers that are fully managed by CyberGhost itself.
Apart from all the features, this VPN offers an excellent price-to-quality ratio with the starting price from $2.11/month. Moreover, you get a 45-day money-back guarantee.
See our in-depth CyberGhost review to find out more.
Where is FanDuel not allowed?
FanDuel is a US-exclusive gambling site that’s not allowed anywhere outside of America. Even in the USA, it’s only allowed in a select 18 states. If you live in a state where it’s allowed and you travel to a place where it’s blocked after signing up, you won’t be able to access your account.
In the map below, you can see which states allow FanDuel and which ones don’t.
US states where FanDuel is allowed.
But even if you do live outside of a licensed state, there’s a workaround. Until DFS platforms become available in your location, you can use a VPN, like ExpressVPN, to play FanDuel anywhere.
However, note that although using a VPN is legal all over the US, accessing restricted gambling sites will be considered illegal and may cause an appropriate punishment. Hence, we don’t condone using a VPN to access any online gambling sites.
How to play FanDuel out of states
Accessing FanDuel outside licensed locations is easy if you use a VPN. The process remains similar whether you’re on an iPhone or a Windows PC. So, all you have to do is follow the steps below and learn how to use a VPN to unblock FanDuel anywhere:
- Pick a VPN with many servers in the US. We recommend ExpressVPN, now 49% off.
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Find and connect to a server where FanDuel works, like New York or Arizona.
- Head to FanDuel, sign up, and enjoy.
How to play FanDuel in California
To make sure you quickly access FanDuel in California, follow the guide below:
- Choose a VPN with a large server fleet. ExpressVPN has servers in 24 US states.
- Download the VPN app and set it up on your device.
- Log in to your account.
- Connect to a server in Arizona or Kansas.
- Navigate to the FanDuel app or website.
How to play FanDuel in Florida
If you’re looking for a way to play FanDuel in the state of Sunshine, then follow the steps below:
- Pick a VPN with servers in many US states. ExpressVPN worked perfectly for us.
- Download the VPN app and complete the setup process.
- Log in to your account.
- Connect to a server in Louisiana or West Virginia for the best speeds.
- Go to the FanDuel app or a website.
How to play FanDuel in Texas
Until playing on DFS platforms becomes legal in Texas, you can use a VPN to bypass IP blocks on FanDuel. Here’s how:
- Select a VPN with servers across the US. Our top pick is ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app.
- Sign up or log in to your account.
- Connect to a server in Kansas, Louisiana, or Arizona.
- Head to FanDuel and log in to your account.
FanDuel not working with VPN? Try this:
If you can’t access FanDuel even after connecting to a VPN, here are some things you can do to fix that:
- Connect to a different server – The server you’re using may have been blocked. Keep trying different servers in licensed locations until you find one that works.
- Reset your browser’s data – Try clearing your browser’s cookies and cache. Sometimes, sites can recognize your “browser profile” with the help of your cookies and cache.
- Use incognito mode – If you don’t want to reset your browser’s data, use the browser’s incognito mode after connecting to a VPN.
- Use a different browser – Use an entirely different browser specifically for accessing sites like FanDuel with a VPN. This way, you can separate your browser profiles and avoid detection.
- Get a dedicated IP – Shared IP addresses are more easily caught because they’re being used by multiple people from different locations. A VPN with a dedicated IP address gives you the IP that’s exclusively used by you and it’s unlikely for it to get blocked.
- Take advantage of security features – If your VPN has features like Multi-Hop/Double VPN and obfuscation, then you should always have them on. They’re designed specifically for sites and regions that are more strict when it comes to using a VPN.
- Switch to a different VPN – It’s possible that the VPN you’re currently using isn’t capable of bypassing FanDuel’s geo-blocks. Hence, we recommend choosing another VPN, like ExpressVPN, which 100% works with FanDuel.
FanDuel Fantasy is available in 18 US states, and accessing this DFS platform outside these licensed locations is complicated unless you use a reputable VPN service.
After going through our in-house tests, we found that ExpressVPN is the best VPN for FanDuel. The provider has servers in 24 US states and helps you change your FanDuel locations effortlessly together with improving your online privacy.
To play FanDuel with a selected VPN, all you need to do is connect to a server where the platform is available. You may also use obfuscated servers to avoid VPN blocks.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can use a VPN with FanDuel if the site is restricted in your region. We recommend using ExpressVPN since it’s a premium service that has servers in the US, making it easy to access FanDuel.
Yes, you can play FanDuel outside the US but you need a VPN. A reputable VPN, like ExpressVPN, will change your IP address and make it look as if you’re in a US state where FanDuel is legal.
Yes, you can bet on FanDuel in Europe if you use a VPN. A robust VPN service will hide your original IP address and replace it with one that’s located in the US. It’s the easiest way to access the gambling site from anywhere in the world.
Yes, FanDuel can detect VPNs, especially if you use a shared IP address. In most cases, you’ll get a warning, but it could eventually lead to a ban so we recommend using obfuscated servers that mask a VPN connection while letting you have all of the VPN benefits.