Apple has been collecting some features to launch in the final version iOS 13.5 that should go public, in the official version, in a very short time. However, for developers to evaluate what has already been compiled in the final draft, the Cupertino company launched Golden Master iOS 13.5 a few minutes ago.
We will verify that they are corrections to adjustments made to betas, as well as bringing the API to notification apps and exposure to COVID-19.
Apple launches iOS 13.5 Golden Master
This version of iOS 13.5 speeds up access to the security code field for accessing the operating system on devices with facial identification when using a facial mask. In addition to this feature, which was already explored in the previous beta version, there is also the introduction of the COVID-19 Exposure Notification API, also explored in a beta ago.
This latest feature allows support for COVID-19 contact tracking applications by public health authorities.
This update also introduces an option to control the automatic prominence of video tiles in FaceTime group calls and includes bug fixes and other improvements.
Facial identification and access code
- Simplified unlocking process for devices with facial identification when using a face mask
- Password field automatically displayed after swiping up from the bottom of the Lock screen when wearing a face mask It also works when authenticating with the App Store, Apple Books, Apple Pay, iTunes, and more applications that support Face ID authentication
- Exposure Notification API to support COVID-19 contact tracking applications from public health authorities.
- Option to control automatic highlighting on FaceTime group calls so that video tiles do not change in size when a participant speaks
- Option to automatically share health information and other essential medical identification information with emergency services when making an emergency call (the U.S. only)
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements. Corrects an issue where users may see a black screen when trying to play streaming videos from some sites. In addition, it addresses an issue on the action sheet where suggestions and actions cannot be loaded.